- MMP provides a front door to UChicago faculty studying the microbiome in the context of human health – particularly in all sections of the Department of Medicine
- The MMP is co-directed by Dr. Eugene Chang and Dr. Marisa Alegre, along with a faculty steering group, and supported by the Department of Medicine
- The MMP is part of The Microbiome Center at UChicago, Argonne, and the Marine Biological Laboratory that brings together faculty working to understand the identity and function of microbes across ecosystems
- The MMP leverages robust relationships to accelerate research – Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Gnotobiotic Research Animal Facility, clinical cohorts, Center for Interdisciplinary Study of Inflammatory Intestinal Disorders, Argonne, Marine Biological Laboratory, Institute for Translational Medicine, Center for Research Informatics, etc.
- To request more information about the Microbiome Medicine Program, email inquiries to Dr. Eugene Chang, email@example.com and Dr. Marisa Alegre, firstname.lastname@example.org